Search For Books
Biodiversity in the Burbs by Charley Harper (American, 1922–2007)
Whether his subject was cats, dogs, raccoons, blackbirds, turtles, or the wonderful world of bugs, American artist Charley Harper (1922–2007) made paintings filled with color, motion, and fun. Careful study of each creature helped him simplify its form so that its unique personality shone through. Biodiversity in the Burbs features a couple dozen of Harper’s whimsical, delightful creatures.
Puzzle size: 18 x 24 in.
Box size: 8⅝ x 10⅝ x 1⅞ in.
Archibald J. Motley Jr. (American, 1891–1981)
Black Belt, 1934
Chicago’s Bronzeville neighborhood is alive with Jazz Age glam in Archibald Motley’s Black Belt. Born in New Orleans, Motley attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He went on to win awards and fellowships, painted for the Works Progress Administration, and became a university instructor. He was a modernist who looked to the old masters, and a portraitist who painted genre scenes.
Artist Ben Gilles describes his work as a composition of nature, metamorphosis, light, color, collage, collaboration, juxtaposition, repetition, excitement, evolution, manipulation, music, television, improvisation, participation, and seduction. This is quite apparent in the Gilles’ colorful hand-cut paper flower and butterfly collage bursting from an open book on Blooming Books 750 Piece Shaped Puzzle. The finished puzzle is a uniquely die-cut and contoured to the edges of this beautiful image.
- Shaped Puzzle, 750 Pieces
- Puzzle Size: 28.3 x 21", 719 x 533 mm
''Bonsoir!'' The setting sun heralds a lovely evening in the City of Light. Vibrant street scene includes cafes, shops, and the Eiffel Tower.
- 1,000 precision-cut pieces fit snugly.
- High-resolution image.
- Linen-textured surface reduces glare.
- Durable premium blue puzzle board.
- Full-sized, full-color poster of finished puzzle included for reference.
- Box measures 9-1/4'' square x 2.5'' deep.
- Finished puzzle measures 28'' wide x 20'' high.
Put together a masterpiece with this 500 piece puzzle from Galison, which features Expectation, one of Gustav Klimt's most famous pieces.
- Complete puzzle: 20 x 20", 508 x 508mm
- Package: 8 x 8 x 1.5", 203 x 203 x 41mm
- Contains insert with information about the artist and/or image
- Minimal Puzzle Dust
- Ribbon Cut